La Misión

It was founded in 1720 by Fray Joseph de Cadiz, La Misión Nuestra Señora del Carmen was born of the spirit of the Capuchin missions in Venezuela between the fifteenth and eighteenth centuries, as well as colonial architecture: rooms enclosed with adobe walls and cane and tile roofs, cool corridors and courtyards sheltered by trees, rebuilt under the direction of architect Claudia Rodriguez

In the Chapel and the small museum have collections of coins, ancient maps of colonial Venezuela, religious objects and everyday items handled by the monks, indigenous pottery and bricks; traces of a historic asleep past in the present